Lincoln College is seeking candidates for the position of Admissions Counselor. This position is responsible for the recruitment of undergraduate students into the traditional academic programs offered at Lincoln College with an emphasis on working with underrepresented populations. This position will be based at the campus in Lincoln, IL.
Lincoln College is a private liberal arts college, fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. In a small, residential campus setting, the college uniquely empowers students to realize their full potential. Lincoln College has long fostered a personal approach to education. It has had a tradition of personal education before the concept became universally popular. The tradition, guiding mission, faculty philosophy, student services, and low faculty-student ratio enable the college to provide the important element of individualized attention that makes the difference between failure and success for many students.
The College will return to its roots as a university in the coming years, offering associate, bachelor and master degrees. This is a very exciting time to be on staff at Lincoln College. We welcome candidates with a passion for recruiting students and who thrive in a fast paced ever changing environment.
Position Overview: This position is responsible for the recruitment of undergraduate students into the traditional academic programs offered at Lincoln College with an emphasis on working with underrepresented populations. This position will be based at the campus in Lincoln, IL.
General Description: Meet and communicate with prospective students and their family members, high school guidance counselors, community college transfer coordinators/advisors and representatives of other organizations both in person and via telephone, e-mail, social media, and mail. Provide excellent customer service. Conduct admission interviews and build professional relationships with respective audiences. Compile and analyze admission data. Plan and participate in campus events sponsored by the Office of Admission.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required. Excellent oral and written communication skills, willingness to travel for selected recruitment events, some evening and weekend hours required. Good computer skills required. The successful candidate must possess a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and be able to pass a criminal background check. College admissions or marketing experience preferred.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Manage specific recruitment objectives including headcount and conversion rate goals.
- Implement, monitor, and manage regular communication plan with prospective students, applicants, accepted students, deposited students and their family members.
- Plan and participate in admission events both on- and off-campus.
- Use the College’s computer information system to monitor and follow-up with inquiries and applicants.
- Coordinate campus visit experiences of prospective students and their family members.
- Work effectively with academic advisors, financial aid professionals, and residence life professionals on the Lincoln College campus to ensure a smooth transition from inquiry to enrolled student.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends and willingness to travel to selected locations.
- Respect the confidential nature of information provided by students and family members.
- Assist in developing content and utilizing the Admissions Office’s social media accounts. (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
- Complete assignments in a timely fashion.
Start Date: As soon as possible
This is a full time position with benefits that include health, dental and life insurance, LTD, 403B plan and vacation time.
To apply for this position, please send letter, resume, and names of three references to:
Office of Admissions
Attn: Linda Oliver
300 Keokuk Street
Lincoln, Illinois 62656
Lincoln College is an Equal Opportunity Employer