Prior Learning Assessment
What’s the Process for a Prior Learning Assessment?
Your work and life experiences could qualify you to earn up to 27 hours of college credit. Here’s how:
- Lincoln College-Normal (LCN) will assist you in reviewing your work and life experiences to determine if college-level learning has been acquired
- If judged to have potential credit awards, you will be assisted in completing the necessary petitions and documents.
- Certified assessors, faculty, and outside experts will review experiences and provide feedback.
- You pay the appropriate assessment fees upon submission of request for credits and/or upon approval of credits.
- Once credit determination is made, you work with your advisor to map out remaining program requirements.
The Lincoln College-Normal Prior Learning Assessment Program (PLA) follows guidelines recommended by the Council for Adult and Experiential Learning (CAEL).
You may earn prior learning college credit by any of the following:
- Certification or designation
- Portfolio for work and life experience
- Standardized examination
For more information on the PLA, please direct all questions to email@example.com or call (309) 452-0500 or (800) 569-0558.