Ali Janesky is an Admissions Counselor in the Admissions Office. She is responsible for providing pre-admission counseling for prospective Midwest College of Cosmetology students, as well as representing the College to high school and community colleges. She also coordinates Admissions events, such as Open House and Group Visitations.
Hometown: Danville, IL
Current Town: Bloomington, IL
College(s) Attended: Illinois State University and Midwest College of Cosmetology
Degree (s): Bachelor of Science Degree and Cosmetology Certificate
Major: Business Management- Human Resources
What do you enjoy most about your job? I enjoy working with students during the admissions process. It is always rewarding to recruit students who have a passion for a particular industry and then see them succeed throughout the program in school.
What have you learned from Lincoln College-Normal students? Students have taught me how great it is to be a part of a small campus. They all know each other and encourage everyone to be involved. I can always tell they are enjoying themselves with all the activities they host on and off campus.
What do you most love to tell prospective students about Lincoln College-Normal? Lincoln College-Normal gives students the opportunity to receive one-on-one attention with a smaller teacher-to-student ratio as well as college experience through on-campus living. MCC provides an exceptional education through programs including Cosmetology, Esthetics, and Massage Therapy, and an innovative look into the salon industry. The school is a multi-manufactured salon offering a wide range of products and product knowledge for its students and guests. MCC students are also able to live on campus and join student organizations gaining the “college experience” while attending a certificate program.
What’s great about the Bloomington/Normal area? I love trying the numerous restaurants Bloomington/Normal has to offer. I also like to take advantage of riding bikes and walking on the Constitution Trail throughout the town. In the fall and winter, there are concerts and sporting events to attend. During the spring and summer months, there are several festivals and outdoor activities located in the downtown areas.
What do you like to do around the community? I enjoy checking out concerts in the winter and love to find outdoor shows in the summer. It’s always nice to sit outside and listen to live music!
What advice do you have for students who are searching for the right college for them? It is extremely important to find a school that is a good fit for you. Always visit a college campus during your admissions process and try to learn as much as you can as to what the college has to offer. You will want to make the most out of your college experience!
Words to live by:
“Believe you can and you’re halfway there.”
Office Phone 309.268.4331
Cell Phone 217.649.6393
Email Address firstname.lastname@example.org
- September 18, 2013: Benito Juarez Community Academy (Chicago) 2:00-3:00 pm
- September 18, 2013: Resurrection College Prep High School & Notre Dame High School (at Resurrection) 7:00-8:30 pm
- October 2, 2013: Streator Township High School 9:30 am
- October 2, 2013: Dwight Township High School 2:35-3:10 pm
- October 3, 2013: Pontiac Township High School 11:00 am-1:15 pm
- October 3, 2013: Queen of Peace College Night 7:00-8:30 pm
- October 8, 2013: Paxton-Buckley-Loda High School 11:00 am-1:00 pm
- October 8, 2013: Tri-Valley High School 2:55-3:10 pm
- October 9, 2013: Prairie Central High School 11:00 am-1:00 pm
- October 10, 2013: Ottawa Township High School 10:15 am
- October 10, 2013: Princeton High School 2:15-2:45 pm
- October 12, 2013: OPEN HOUSE AT MIDWEST COLLEGE OF COSMETOLOGY 10:00 am-12:30 pm (call to R.S.V.P.)
- October 15, 2013: Rantoul Township High School 11:00 am-12:05 pm
- October 16, 2013: John Hope (Chicago) 11:00 am-1:00 pm
- October 16, 2013: Westinghouse (Chicago) 5:30-7:30 pm
- October 17, 2013: Rickover Naval Academy College Fair 9:00-11:00 am
- October 17, 2013: Thomas Kelly High School College Fair 4:00-6:00 pm
- October 21, 2013: Hillcrest High School 10:00 am-2:00 pm
- October 26, 2013: Saturday Visit Day 10:00 am-2:00 pm (please call for appointment)
- November 7, 2013: Robeson (Chicago) – College Fair 9:00-11:30 am
- November 7, 2013: Hyde Park (Chicago) – College Fair 5:00-7:00 pm
- November 11, 2013: Veterans Day- Visit Day 10:00 am-2:00 pm (please call for appointment)