All enrolled students at Lincoln College-Normal seeking a degree or certificate and are enrolled in six (6) or more credit hours a semester are required by Illinois law and/or Lincoln College-Normal policy to provide certain immunization information prior to the beginning of the semester. Acceptable documentation must be complete and on file with the College by the end of the first fifteen (15) calendar days of the entering semester to avoid a registration hold on the student’s account. Proof of immunity to certain vaccine preventable diseases can be provided by submitting the Lincoln College-Normal Immunization Information Form. The Immunization Information Form must be completed and signed by a physician or public health department official.
In lieu of the signed Immunization Information Form students may also submit:
- a copy of the high school immunization records, and/or
- a copy of military immunization records, and/or
- a copy of immunization records from another four-year university of college.
Immunization records may be faxed to the Health Records Nurse at (309) 454-5652 or submitted at the front desk of the Academic Building.
Students born ON or BEFORE JANUARY 1, 1957 must provide proof (signature of professional required) of ALL of the following:
- Tetanus/Diphtheria booster (Td) given within the last ten (10) years of the first term of current enrollment.
- It is recommended that the student also provide dates of at least TWO previous doses of any combination of Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis (DPT or DTaP), Diphtheria and Tetanus (DT) or adult Tetanus and Diphtheria (Td) vaccine. Tetanus Toxoid (TT) is not acceptable.
- b. International students are required to provide, in addition to the requirement for measles, mumps, and rubella, the dates of any combination of THREE OR MORE doses of Diptheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis vaccines (DTP or DTaP, DT, or Td), with the most recent dose having been received within ten (10) years of the first term of current enrollment. Tetanus Toxoid (TT) is not acceptable.
- Two doses of Measles (Rubeola) vaccine (MMR dates acceptable). First dose must be on or after the first birthday, doses at least 28 days apart and after December 31, 1967.OR documentation of disease (10-day, hard, red measles) with date diagnosed and signature of physician. ORdocumentation of immunity by blood titer results (lab report must be attached).
- One dose of Mumps vaccine (MMR acceptable). Dose must be on or after the first birthday. ORdocumentation of disease with date diagnosed and signature of physician. OR documentation of immunity by blood titer results (lab report must be attached).
- One dose of Rubella vaccine (MMR date acceptable). Dose must be on or after the first birthday. OR documentation of immunity by blood titer results (lab report must be attached). History of disease is not acceptable proof of immunity.
Proof of immunity to Polio and immunization against Hepatitis B, Meningococcal bacteria, and Chickenpox is not required but highly recommended.
Students not in compliance with the above requirements by the end of the first semester of attendance at Lincoln College-Normal will not be allowed to register for a subsequent semesters until they are in compliance.