Majors & Minors
Lincoln College’s Master of Science in Organizational Leadership is designed to evaluate and analyze the complex understandings of both “leadership” and “organization,” strategic decision making, leading change in an organization, motivating employees, and advancing culture within an organization. Students develop the skills associated with these themes and cultivate interpersonal skills central to effective leadership across a range of organizations and disciplines. The curriculum culminates in an action research thesis with implementable recommendations in a realistic organizational setting.
Upon completion of the program students will be able to:
- Analyze leadership theories emphasizing the dynamic relationship between leaders, followers, and the environment.
- Evaluate the role of leadership as it relates to organizational culture, with consideration of issues related to individual and organizational differences.
- Integrate emerging technology and effective communication in face-to-face and virtual environments.
- Create frameworks to determine how decisions made might impact ethical culture, support sustainability practices, and serve organizational purpose.
- Evaluate quality scholarship and research to demonstrate the potential application of emerging leadership theory and knowledge to real world scenarios.