Transfer Admissions Counselor
About Lincoln College
Lincoln College is a private liberal arts college, fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. In a small, residential campus setting, the college uniquely empowers students to realize their full potential. Lincoln College has long fostered a personal approach to education. It has had a tradition of personal education before the concept became universally popular. The tradition, guiding mission, faculty philosophy, student services, and low faculty-student ratio enable the college to provide the important element of individualized attention that makes the difference between failure and success for many students.
With this history and mission in mind, Lincoln College is dedicated to educating the whole person in a collaborative residential community. We firmly believe that by engaging the transformative power of our differences, cultivating intellectual discovery and informed civic action, and designing enriching educational experiences, we help prepare students to be effective and contributing global citizens. As educators in a residential college setting, we also support the personal development, health, and well-being of our students by honoring the talents, passions, and differences of our students as being a source of power and effectiveness. These programs and services actively affirm our commitment to access, success, and inclusion. We do this while actively cultivating an environment of collaboration and mutual respect.
Position Overview: This position is responsible for the recruitment of students into the academic programs offered through Lincoln College. Reporting to the Director of Admissions, this position will focus on recruitment activities for transfer students interested in Lincoln College’s traditional Bachelor’s degree programs and is primarily based at the campus in Lincoln, IL.
General Description: Meet with prospective transfer students, family members, and representatives of community colleges, universities, and other organizations to provide information about Lincoln College programs. Conduct admission interviews and build appropriate relationships with respective audiences. Compile and analyze admission data. Plan and participate in on-campus and off-campus recruitment events sponsored by Lincoln College and other related organizations. Establish and manage a pool of prospective students from inquiry through enrollment stages for each start date.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required. Experience working with transfer students is preferred. A background in admissions, recruiting, marketing or a related field is required. Excellent oral and written communication skills are required. Candidate must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation. Frequent travel will be required. Candidate must be able to pass a criminal background check.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Prospective Student Counseling
1. Actively recruit prospective transfer students and provide the personal attention necessary for a smooth transition to Lincoln College.
2. Develop a recruitment plan under the supervision of the Director of Admissions to meet enrollment goals for fall and spring.
3. Communicate with prospective students via phone, e-mail, counseling appointments, tours, and events. Use social media for events and visits.
4. Work with department coordinators and faculty to determine a student’s program eligibility and meet the program’s enrollment targets.
5. Possess working knowledge of articulation agreements between Lincoln college and community or junior colleges.
1. Visit community colleges to promote Lincoln College and recruit students by giving presentations, speaking with students individually, and meeting with community college transfer coordinators, veteran’s counselors, and program coordinators.
2. Represent Lincoln College at community college transfer days.
3. Develop strong working relationships with college counselors to update Lincoln College materials in office and increase referrals of students.
4. Coordinate all aspects of travel including scheduling, transportation, and accommodations.
5. Overnight travel may be required during the year. Evening and weekend hours will be required throughout the year.
1. Review student files including transcripts, essays, applications, and letters of recommendation for evaluation purposes.
2. Follow up with applicants to complete files and update necessary information.
1. Assist in managing communication flow with students by preparing letters, putting packets together, reception back-up, data entry, tracking documents, etc.
2. Provide excellent customer service with students and families, transfer counselors, staff, and faculty through email, phone, and in-person interactions.
3. Enter and track information in database to manage territory recruitment.
4. Meet regularly with supervisor and team members to ensure clear communication within the office.
5. Send weekly reports on territory and project management to supervisor to track progress throughout the year.
1. Assist in coordination of recruitment events such as open houses and receptions.
2. Attend recruitment events on and off campus to interact with prospective students and their families.
1. Participate in and lead ongoing admissions office projects such as alumni programs, publications, electronic recruitment, and events.
2. Develop and maintain appropriate manuals for program management.
3. Coordinate with the Director of Admissions and the Registrar to develop and maintain transfer articulation agreements from area community colleges and feeder schools.
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and resume to:
For full consideration, please complete and submit an application form (https://lincolncollege.edu/wp-content/uploads/Employment-Application.pdf) and submit a resume, cover letter and a list of three (3) professional references to Stephanie Claudio at Lincoln College 300 Keokuk Street Lincoln, IL. 62656 Or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Lincoln College is an Equal Opportunity Employer