LINCOLN, IL — Lincoln College’s 2016 Alumni Reunion Weekend will be held April 15-16. All Lincoln College alumni and friends are invited and encouraged to return for reunion. The college will celebrate the 25th, 50th, 70th, and 75th anniversary years for the classes of 1991, 1966, 1946, and 1941.
Three Lincoln College alumni will be honored at this year’s Alumni Dinner and Awards Program on Saturday, April 16 in the Jack D. Nutt Arena in the Lincoln Center. The evening’s activities begin with a cocktail reception at 5 p.m. and dinner at 6 p.m. The Awards program will follow. This event is open to the public. The cost for the reception and dinner is $30; reservations can be made through the Alumni Office at 217-735-7217 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for reservations is April 8.
The 2016 Alumni Award recipients are: Rikeesha (Cannon) Phelon, class of 1997, Young Alumni Achievement Award; Kevin McCaster, class of 1983, Alumni Achievement Award in Law Enforcement; and Bob Jeckel, class of 1966, LaVeta Zurkammer Alumni Award.
Several other events are planned for reunion weekend and are free and open to the public unless otherwise noted.
Planned events include:
- Wine and Cheese Reception and Lynx Athletics Meet and Greet on Friday, April 15 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. in the Lincoln Center. Admission is $10 and includes light appetizers and three wine tastings from Kickapoo Creek Winery.
- A Night at the Drive-In. Lincoln College Jazz Ensemble performs its spring concert on Friday April 15 at 7:30 p.m. in the Johnston Center for the Performing Arts. Tickets are $3.
- Tour of Creekside, the college’s Outdoor Center for Environmental Education, on Saturday, April 16 at 9:30 a.m. The tour, led by Dr. Dennis Campbell, departs from the Lincoln Center parking lot and will last about an hour. The tour is free and guests are invited to ride the Lincoln College shuttle bus or drive themselves. (Weather permitting; boots or tennis shoes are recommended.)
- The Lincoln Heritage Museum will have extended hours from 11 a.m.- 4 p.m. on Saturday, April 16 for visitors to tour the museum.
- Get Your Kicks Cruise-In: To celebrate the 50th anniversary of the class of 1966 and Route 66, members of the Railsplitter Antique Auto Club will have a Cruise-In (weather permitting) from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. in the parking lot of the Lincoln Center. All area car clubs and members of the public with vintage cars are welcome to participate.
- Getting Back to Our Roots: A presentation on the academic changes planned for 2016 and beyond will be held from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. in Lile Lecture Hall inside the McKinstry Library building.
Registration information and the complete list of activities and events are available at http://alumni.lincolncollege.edu/event/alumni-reunion-weekend-2016/.
To make reservations or for more information, contact the Lincoln College Alumni Relations office at (217) 735-7217.