To start an organization you must:
- Contact the Office of Student Engagmeent to discuss your idea for a new organization.
- Must have five (5) current students interested in becoming members.
- Find an LC faculty or staff advisor.
- Develop a constitution.
- Submit your New Student Organization Application and Constitution and Bylaws of your new student organization.
The Director of Student Engagement will notify the you within two weeks of receiving your application about your recognition status.
Things to think about before you begin:
- How are you going to define your organization?
- What will be the goals for you organization?
- How do you plan to accomplish the goals?
- What is unique about your organization?
- Will the organization be affiliated with a department or office on campus?
- Do you know of a faculty or professional staff member at LC who would be interested in serving as an advisor for your organization?
- Are there other students you know who would like to join?
- What benefits will the organization offer its members?
- What type of involvement commitment will members need to make?
Visit the Office of Student Engagement and Leadership Development located in the Meyer-Evans Student Center to get more information about starting a student organization.