* Available only to full-time traditional program students.
Any currently enrolled or prospective student at Lincoln College may apply. Please review the following universal requirements carefully. You are applying for all the scholarships for which you are eligible with one application.
Returning Students: You must complete a new application each year to renew scholarships which will be reviewed by the scholarship committee. This is not a guarantee that the scholarship will be renewed or that the same scholarship will be awarded. Students who reapply must have a GPA of 2.0 or above with Lincoln College and must be a positive representative of the College and its student body. Returning students are not required to send in additional letters of recommendation.
Universal Scholarship Requirement
- Scholarships are for full-time LC degree-seeking students in the traditional program only. They may not be used for dual enrollment, and they are non-transferable.
- As a minimum requirement, current LC students must meet College academic requirements for good standing (see LC Student Handbook). For all applicants, High school GPA is a minimum 2.0 for all scholarships unless otherwise specified. The selection process is competitive and academic performance will be a consideration during the selection process.
- Applicants must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) if financial need is listed as an eligibility criteria. All applicants are encouraged to complete the FAFSA to maximize their eligibility. When required, FAFSA results must be available for Financial Aid to review by March 1.
Apply Early. All applications, recommendations, and transcripts must be received at the Lincoln Campus Financial Aid Office on or before March 1, or the next business day if March 1 is on a Saturday or Sunday. Please take time to review the complete list of sponsored/endowed scholarships. These scholarships can change from year to year. The scholarship committee will begin to review and award scholarships the 3rd week of April. Incomplete applications will not be considered; No exceptions.
Complete the Scholarship Application – Only one application is needed to apply for all the scholarships for which you are eligible. Please make sure you complete the entire application.
Essay Questions – Your answers will be reviewed for composition including grammar, spelling, and capitalization. You may contact the LC Tutoring Center 217-735-7303 for assistance with proofreading. Please type your response to the following questions on a separate sheet(s). Include your name and LC ID or Social Security number at the top of each additional sheet.
- What impact will this scholarship have on your future? Why will you be a great representative of LC? Please include your educational and career goals.
- Describe community/volunteer service and high school or college activities in which you have participated in. Include the length of your involvement, responsibilities, and leadership experience.
- Please explain financial and/or personal challenges you face as you pursue your education or include any other information that shows you are deserving of this scholarship.
Transcripts – Request transcripts from your high school and/or other colleges/universities that you have attended. Transcripts may be submitted with completed application or mailed directly from the school to the following address: Lincoln College Office of Admissions | 300 Keokuk St. | Lincoln, IL 62656
Letters of Recommendation – Students must complete 2 copies of the form. Forms must be signed by a reference along with a letter of recommendation. Completed applications and all required documentation should be delivered to: Lincoln College Office of Admissions | 300 Keokuk St. | Lincoln, IL 62656
Is Your Application Complete?
- Submit application
- Distribute recommendation form to 2 references
- Submit all required transcripts
- Submit your essay
For additional questions Please contact at 217-735-7231